Wednesday 3 June 2015

Laura's Self Reflections- Religion & Renaissance





Purpose/Intention
 The purpose of these graphic organizers was quite similar, and yet very different at the same time. In both posters, we showed and represented our learning through words and visuals. 
But in our Religion poster, the focus was mainly on visuals, and had less structure. We could present our information in any way we wanted.
For our Renaissance poster, we were allowed more key words and phrases, because there was a lot more information to portray. It was slightly more structured, because it had criteria and guidelines. It was also a broader topic.

Religion Poster

2 Stars and 1 Wish
Star: I liked the fact that I used my graphic organizer to compare the Aborigine culture to my own religion. It gave me deeper understanding of my topic, because I was able to relate, and see where they were coming from. For example, where Christianity has "God/Jesus" for their 'higher power,' the Aborigines have "Great Spirit Ancestors."

Star: I think that my poster is laid-out well. It is easy to read and understand, and the information is conveyed nicely.

Wish: Looking back at my poster now, I really wish I had used more images in my poster. The few drawings that I have are quite small, and hard to see. Pictures would have made my poster more appealing to the eye, and would have helped my peers understand my project.
Renaissance Poster

If I could give myself a letter grade for this project, I would give myself an A, because my poster met all of the criteria, and all of the "A-level" expectations. Although it's hard to see, I made different sorts of connections using different types of lines, and I used connecting words on the lines to help people understand. My information was clear and easy to read, and I made good use of white space. I used my own words to convey information, and I summarized key ideas to help the reader understand the Renaissance in depth. All my information was categorized, and colour coded. I included a legend to help the viewer in case they need additional help in understanding the material. I used other graphic organizers, and I even used a phoenix rising from the flames of the Middle Ages to represent "rebirth." I understood the topic and assignment, and I think that this project deserves an A.

What did you learn from these two assignments?
I learned how to show my learning and knowledge through a graphic organizer. It can be quite difficult to show someone everything I have learned just through a piece of paper, but I think I'm really getting the hang of it. You can see a lot of growth and improvement from my Religion poster to my Renaissance poster. I learned how to add visuals and colours, without making it seem too overwhelming. I now know how to make solid connections, and how to use other graphic organizers to aid in the understanding of my main topic. I also learned the importance of visuals!

What are you most proud of?

I was proud of my ability to reflect and summarize all of my learning into one graphic organizer. I was able to clearly and efficiently get my point across in these two assignments, and I think that that is something to be proud of. And although it may seem silly, I was proud that I finished both of these assignments on time! These were harder assignments than they first appeared, and I spent long hours slaving away at my kitchen table trying to complete this task, while still doing it to the best of my abilities. And I think that the hard work and effort shows in my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment